It’s Time to Take Action
Public health is an often debated topic with few viable solutions. We spend more time talking about it and worrying about its cost than actually developing solutions.
Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) are the #1 cause of death and disability worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) are chronic diseases that are not passed from person to person. These are slow and steady killers, like cardiovascular diseases, cancers, chronic respiratory diseases and diabetes.
NCDs are estimated to cause cumulative global losses of $47 TRILLION BY 2030.
- 38 million people die of NCDS worldwide, every year
- 40% of people who die of NCDs are in their most productive years
- 66% of NCD-related deaths are linked to tobacco use, harmful use of alcohol, unhealthy diets, and physical inactivity
- 75% of NCD deaths occur in developing countries. NCDs in developing countries kill faster, younger, & have worse outcomes
Which is exactly why I developed the SMAART™ Health Initiative. Following my proven 6-step method for creating global solutions, I researched and designed an affordable preventative healthcare solution for the modern world.
How the SMAART™ Health Initiative Works
Designed on the SMAART™ framework, the SMAART™ Health Initiative uses Portable Health Information Kiosks (PHIK) to screen users for noncommunicable diseases, like high cholesterol and diabetes, and provide a personalized action plan, for as little as $1.
Here are the basics:
- Wherever PHIK machines are available*, users can subscribe to a SMAART™ Health Subscription
- Each plan comes with an individual risk assessment, which involves your sociodemographics; lifestyle behavior; clinical assessment; knowledge, attitude, and practice assessment
- Users receive a SMAART™ Health Card that will rate your risk factors based on the SMAART™ analytics framework, as well as individual lifestyle counseling through phone, text, and/or the internet
Quick, easy, and comprehensive, the process allows the user to not only see where their health is currently at risk but ways they can prevent further complication. When they return for a follow-up screening, they can see the direct result of their efforts and continue to progress toward their healthiest selves.
Sound expensive? It’s not. Even the most destitute of people can afford a health screening with this initiative. Better public health shouldn’t be reserved for the richest among us—when we’re all as healthy as possible, the world is a better place.
SMAART™ Health Subscriptions
Subscriptions span from $1 USD to $3 USD. Every subscription comes with:
- An individual risk assessment
- SMAART™ Health Card
- Lifestyle counseling
The difference in price relates to how many months a user wants to participate in lifestyle counseling. Plans span 1, 3, and 6-month intervals. That means if someone chooses the 6-month subscription for $3, for just $0.50 a month, they can get active lifestyle counseling and support for their health.
Taking Control of Public Health
Unlike other health solutions, SMAART™ Health Subscriptions are preventative and affordable.
Traditional healthcare focuses on diagnosis—fixing the issue after it’s a problem. The SMAART™ Health Initiative takes a preventative approach to help you avoid getting sick in the first place. The multilingual, interactive interface is easy-to-use and personalized to your specific health needs.
With the price of healthcare today, preventative health solutions are the best way to stay healthy and out of debt. For as little as $1, you can reduce your risk of diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and high cholesterol.
Better public health on a global level is possible. Together, we can take action and make the world healthier, one screening at a time.